Healthy Fruit Sorbet Shots
We are starting off right around here this year with Healthy Fruit Sorbet Shots. Did you forget how amazing fruit is in a dessert? I honestly think I did. I was so stuck in buttercreamland, I didn’t know what I was missing. But thank God for a new year and healthy eating resolutions.The sweet and sour of the grapefruit sorbet is so refreshing it really doesn’t need anything else. But we were celebrating the new year and wanted to make it extra special. So I topped the sorbet with fruit that was mixed with a little Chambord. If your not familiar with Chambord, it’s a black raspberry liquor. You can substitute orange juice for the liquor if you prefer. Healthy Fruit Sorbet Shots are so satisfying in this mini dessert form, you’ll for sure start your year feeling great!
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups grapefruit juice
- 2 cups mixed fruit, diced small
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or liquor)
- In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and water.
- Heat until it boils and sugar dissolves.
- Pour grapefruit juice into a bowl and add sugar mixture; stir well.
- Refrigerate until very cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Process sorbet in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
- If using shot glasses, fill each glass and place in freezer until ready to serve.
- Store remaining mixture in covered container in the freezer.
- In a small bowl mix fruit and juice or liquor.
- Top each serving of sorbet with a spoonful of fruit and enjoy!