Coconut Macaroon Ganache Mini Pies
Fill any dessert with ganache and the first bite will always be…Oh my! Sometimes I start out thinking “This is really too much, too rich” but then I end up thinking of how perfect and fabulously delicious it is! And for something so fancy tasting, it’s the simplest to make. So when I saw the market display of macaroons, I instantly paired ganache with a coconut macaroon crust. Some days you just want fast and easy. Using prepared macaroons for a pie crust is quick way to save yourself some time. All they need is a quick crisp in the oven before pouring in your favorite filling. Even if you don’t have a pan to make mini pies, a muffin or mini muffin pan would work wonderfully. While the coconut macaroons called to me first, I know I’ll be back for the almond macaroons and fill them with a lovely lemon filling for a Spring celebration.
- 1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (10 oz.) can coconut macaroons
- Pour chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Heat cream until it comes to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate chips and let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble 2 macaroons in each pie/muffin pan.
- Press firmly making a even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Fill each pie with ganache and allow to firm before serving.