Mint Milano Cookie Cake
I was crazy for this idea the moment I saw Pepperidge Farms Milano Cookie Cake. What?? Cake “and” cookies?!! Milano cookies, particularly Mint Milano cookies have been a long time favorite. Years ago when my husband and I were first dating, we often packed Mint Milano cookies on our picnics to the beach. I still get a warm fuzzy feeling when I buy a package at the store. So this Mint Milano Cookie Cake had been on my baking to-do list and it was about time I got around to it. While I really liked the crunch the cookie adds to the buttercream, I liked it even better a day or two later when it softens just a bit. Now I’m looking forward to making other cake and cookie combinations!
Disclaimer: No compensation was received for any products mentioned above. All opinions are 100% mine.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons Creme de menthe
- 1-6 or 8″ (2 layers) cake, baked and cooled.
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Milano Mint Cookies, broken into small pieces.
- In a bowl with electric mixer, cream butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar; beating until smooth.
- Stir in milk or cream.
- Add Cream de menthe.
- Set on cake on a platter and frost top with mint buttercream.
- Spread a layer of cookie pieces over buttercream.
- Top with second layer of cake and frost entire cake.
- Cover the top of cake with remaining cookie pieces.
Recipe inspired by Pepperidge Farms