Baby Food Buttercream
It’s been awhile since I’ve had a baby in my house. So I was a bit surprised when I received coupons in the mail for free baby food. Since I rarely pass on anything that’s “free”, I decided to take the coupon on my next trip to the market. It wouldn’t be the first time I used baby food in a recipe. I found baby food bananas to be the perfect addition in my Banana Creme filled Graham Crackers. And when I spotted the fruit combos such as raspberries, apples and beets, I couldn’t wait to blend them into buttercream. I was thrilled with the flavor and the beets colored the buttercream beautifully. I also tried apple and kiwi, adding a drop of food coloring to brighten the color a bit. I think next time I will try apple and pumpkin, a perfect way for sneaking in the veggies!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons baby food
- food coloring, if desired.
- In a bowl, cream butter with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar.
- Stir in baby food and food coloring.
- Makes about 3 cups.